Networks continue to converge with new business critical applications being added and all carried onto a single network, carrying voice, video and data on wired and wireless networks. The performance of these applications is key to today’s competitive business environment. Application failures or degraded response time can result in a significant cost as reduced revenue, lost customers or negative publicity.
Risk Associated with Adding New Applications or Infrastructure
- How will this application or change perform on my network
- How will it affect network traffic and the performance of my existing applications
- Is my infrastructure capable of handling this infrastructure
Performance Testing Reduces Risk of Deploying New Technology
By validating that the application will perform correctly to fulfill business requirements prior to deployment.
Network Load Testing
Load testing allows you to run realistic and “worst-case” testing scenarios in a controlled way, so you know how the application will perform under both normal and anticipated peak load conditions. By simulating the traffic on the production environment at high load you will understand how the current configuration will stand up to real-time user stress. This allows the system or devices to be modified, pre-deployment and updated to appropriately meet the needs of end users. Stress and load testing products focus on the network or application performance and may need to be integrated with other test tools such as WAN Emulators or Application Analyzers
Benefits of Network Performance Testing
- Recognize network problems before your customers do!
- Keep your development projects on time!
- Test your development projects and then monitoring your systems for errors.
- Verify system meets specification claimed by the manufacturer
- By optimizing the production environment before rollout, you end up with higher user uptake.
- Smoother rollout for the user
- Increased adoption rates of the new application
Traffic Generation for 100Mbps, 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit
LANforge Fire Traffic Generator simulates the edge of the network under test. LANforge FIRE can generate FTP, HTTP, VoIP (SIP, RTP, RTCP), TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Ethernet and custom payloads. It supports 802.1Q VLANs, and can also emulate 250 to several thousand Ethernet interfaces with unique MAC and IP addresses, allowing a single LANforge machine to appear as an entire subnet of machines.
With the Armageddon feature, LANforge Fire can generate and receive traffic up to 99% of the interface (100Mbps, 1 Gig and 10 Gig).
For VoIP testing, LANforge Fire generates SIP messaging protocol, and can generate the RTP media stream traffic as well.
LANforge WiFire can emulate from 31 to 400 802.11a/b/g/n wireless sessions
Deploying new systems within the contact center such as upgrading a PBX, VoIP, installing an IVR, or modifying existing application software, you need to be absolutely certain that these solutions will perform as you expect – before you go “live.”
These systems are built on hardware and software infrastructures that are highly integrated, and for them to be successful the technology must be efficient and reliable in design and performance. If these integrated systems do not work as designed this can increase the frustration of your customer decreasing the ROI of your new deployment.
Don’t Let Your Customers Test Your Systems! IQ-Services StressTest
Online solutions are increasing in use. If you want to make sure your online efforts deliver the best possible customer experience and ROI. If your online presence does not work as designed and customers do not use it as expected, your customer satisfaction and cost-savings objectives go out the window.
Benefits of IQ-Services WebStress
- Maximize Uptime: Resolve performance critical issues in your webserver before they bring down your website
- Maximize Performance: Make sure that your websites and applications are given the server resources they need when they need it
- Maximize ROI: Get everything out of the investment in your webserver technology through consistent and in-depth testing and analysis
- Ease of Use: WebStress is a service that requires no installation of clients on your server, we act like a real user coming into your web site